Azure StorSimple Upgrade
INDUSTRY: Law Firm
LOCATION: Washington, DC
CLIENT PROFILE: Law firm includes over 800 employees with an annual budget of over $200M.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Client requested Canalini assess and deliver recommendations for its data and server protection strategy, including an upgrade to an Azure StorSimple 8600 appliance.
PROJECT TIME: 90 Hours
RESOURCES: Senior Architect and Project Manager
- Worked with Litigation team to procure and deliver a directory of cold storage content and determine contents to be moved to cold storage
- Evaluated accounting annual backups and disaster recovery processes and procedures in remote data centers
- Assessed current Azure backups and StorSimple snapshots
Design and Deliverable Phase
- Provided recommendations for server protection leveraging Azure Site Recovery, use of Azure restoring services in case of a disaster, and plan for annual test of server fail-over to Azure
- Delivered recommendations on daily Azure backups including list of what needs to be backed up, frequency of backups, length of data retention, and plan to test restore of the backups
- StorSimple snapshot recommendations for data needed to be backed up, snapshot storage, frequency of snapshots, snapshot retention, and testing of snapshot restore process
- Migrated to 8600 Azure StorSimple appliance, including research and delivery of recommendation for either migrating or replacing the current StorSimple legacy appliances, and delivery of a RoadMap for migration backup
- Provided documentation for all deliverables